1. Prevent cancer and heart disease:
Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Recent research shows that honey treatment may help disorders such as ulcers and bacterial gastroenteritis.
3. Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-fungal:
All honey is antibacterial, because the bees add an enzyme that makes hydrogen peroxide
4. Increase athletic performance.
5. Reduce cough and throat irritation:
Honey helps with coughs, particularly buckwheat honey.