Visit Doctors
Call Doctors
Ask Doctors
I had Ecoli infection, i got the treatment, symptoms gone, but cnt control myurination, lot of times and small quantity.
Mar 10, 2013

Dr. Karim Farah Pulmonology
urgency, frequency and dribbling are also sign of symptoms of a urinary tract infection. you should check the E.coli sensitivity on the culture to check if the organism is sensitive to the antibiotic you took. or you undertreated yourself ie low dose or sorter duration.
its better to repeat the urinanalysis and culture maybe it's another organism that is causing the new infection which is resistant to the antibiotic you took.
and if you are a female you need to be see by a gynecologist too, specially if you have any vaginal discharge.
Dr. Rania Mousa General Medicine
Your sumptoms are still symptoms of a urinary tract infection which doesn't go .either because there is other cause than e.coli other organism ,or if women a vaginal infection or candidal fungal infection ,or you hadn't taken your antibiotic full course ,or you take lower dose than necessary of the antibiotic
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of your urinary system ,your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract ,the bladder and the urethra.

Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than men are. Infection limited to your bladder can be painful and annoying. However, serious consequences can occur if a UTI spreads to your kidneys.

Antibiotics are the typical treatment for a UTI. But you can take steps to reduce your chance of getting a UTI in the first place
some tips are :
>Drink plenty of water to dilute your urine and help flush out bacteria.
>Avoid drinks that may irritate your bladder. Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices and caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate.
>treat the infection by taking the full course with necessary dose needed
>if the problem worsen ,or you have other symptoms of vaginal discharge re do a urine test and check with gynecologist if there is a fungal infection if you are a woman
Dr. Salim Saab Otolaryngology (ENT)
your urjnary infection either is still there or it recurs you have to get a c and s for urine and vaginal secretions